emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that partners with independent African artists and labels in creating, promoting and funding their art to the world whilst maintaining their economic and creative freedom.
emPawa Africa is the brainchild of African Superstar – Mr Eazi and is home to incredible artists such as Joeboy, Nandy, DJ Neptune and Namenj.
We are looking for an experienced General manager to oversee the hiring and scheduling of staff, the running of team meetings and to be overall responsible for running day-to-day operations at Empawa Africa.
This is a very exciting position for someone who is looking to grow with the company and be a part of revolutionising the music business and having a role to play in pioneering music from Africa across the globe. Experience is really key, especially with managing a team who work in different locations.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Hands on co-leadership of the day-to-day of Empawa (including operations, finance, legal, HR and facilities)
- Liaising with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Ensuring that Emawa is well-coordinated and productive by analyzing, managing, and improving its processes, and will be responsible for the overall efficiency of the business.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations i.e companies house etc
- Reporting directly to the founder and be responsible for a variety of client specific and company-wide projects, including;
- directing workflow,
- overseeing the staff and HR-related duties,
- creating budgets / managing expenses,
- coordinating projects with external partners,
- and furthering business development initiatives.
- Manages relationships with vendors ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manages office general budget, ensures accurate and timely reporting
- Provides general support to visitors
The ideal candidate will have / be…
- BA/BS preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Excel and G Suite applications
Application deadline - 12th Dec 2023